Home > Newsroom
RCBC TOPS FIXED INCOME POLL FOR INTEREST RATES
Strong positive reception from its domestic customers pushed Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) to the top of the 2011 Fixed Income Poll conducted by leading financial publication, Asiamoney.
RCBC was cited Overall Best for Interest Rates in the Philippines, garnering the nod of 28 percent of local investors who responded to the survey.
Its commitment to perform end-to-end client interaction and present insightful service initiatives also made the bank top-of-mind among customers, 27 percent of whom voted RCBC as the one with the Best Pricing & Execution Capa bilities, while 17 percent cited it for Most Innovative Trading Ideas.
"These citations demonstrate how much we prioritize the quality of service we give to our customers." said Anita Linda R. Aquino, RCBC Senior Vice President and Head of Treasury Sales. "We always stay in front of our customers, providing them with alternatives in all aspects of their transactions."
RCBC also garnered the top spot as domestic provider for Credit, including liquidity and market support.
The Asianmoney citation shows that RCBC has earned its place among the country's leading fixed income providers. RCBC states that it will continue to capitalize on the healthy investor demand particularly in the local bond market. Jose Emmanuel U. Hilado, RCBC Executive Vice President and Treasury Group Head, is confident that the environment will continue to fuel activities in fixed income sales.
"Outlook continues to be positive for the rest of the year given the high domestic liquidity and optimistic prospects rising from the Asian region's relative stability," he says. His observation is shared by Asiamoney, which predicts that trading activities will continue to rise as the region's economies outgrow the uncertainty-shaded US and euro zones.
"The dedication of our Treasury Sales team to serve our customers over and above the usual fashion will continue to make this a banner year for our Treasury business," Hilado adds. "We affirm our commitment to guide our clients in making the best investment decisions."
RCBC is the 4th largest private commercial bank in the Philippines and is a member of the Yuchengco Group of Companies.
Apart from the Asiamoney awards, RCBC's most recent citations include:
• Best Commercial Bank 2011 (London-based World Finance magazine)
• Philippine Retail Bank of the Year (Asian Banking and Finance Awards 2011)
• Philippine Best Bank Website (Asian Banking and Finance Awards 2011)
• Best Domestic FX Provider for Financial Institutions 2010 (Asiamoney)
• Top Brokering Participant: Retail Transactions 2010 (Philippine Dealing and Exchange Corp.)
• Top 5 Fixed-Income Brokering Participant 2010 (Philippine Dealing and Exchange Corp.)
• Top 5 PDDTS/ PVP Participant 2010 (Philippine Dealing and Exchange Corp.)
• One of the Best Performing Government Securities Eligible Dealers (Bureau of Treasury)