FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who gets charged with these fees?
The fees will apply to all customers, whether retail or corporate, with the exception of Hexagon Club Members who may enjoy the benefit of zero fees for the following transactions:
- Regular Checkbook Charge (Individual)*
- Regular Checkbook Charge (Corporate)*
- Manager's Check*
- Inter-Branch OTC Peso Cash Withdrawal
- Inter-Branch OTC Peso Check Encashment
- Inter-Regional OTC Peso Cash Deposit
*Initial availment is free for Hexagon Club member. Succeeding availments are subject to Fees and Charges.
- How will Hexagon members enjoy these waived fees? Do they need to present a voucher for this?
Hexagon Club Members will continue to enjoy the benefit of a Free 1 Checkbook (for Privilege Members), or 5 checkbooks (for Prestige Members), and 1 Managers Check per year. Hexagon Club Members simply have to present their voucher for the specific free bank service they wish to avail at any RCBC Branch.
Fees on interregional and inter-branch OTC cash withdrawal, cash deposit, and check encashment fees will be automatically waived when Hexagon Club Members transact in an RCBC Branch.
- Who pays the new Inter-Branch and Inter-Regional fees?
All clients (whether the depositor or a representative) transacting Over-the-Counter will be charged upfront for these fees.
- What is an “inter-branch” transaction?
An Over-the-Counter (OTC) transaction whose branch of account origin is from another RCBC branch in the same Region
- Client has an account in RCBC Plaza in Makati then transacts in RCBC Salcedo Village branch in Makati.
- Client has an account in Cebu J. Centre Mall then transacts in Cebu Business Park branch.
- What is an “inter-regional” transaction?
An Over-the-Counter (OTC) transaction whose branch of account origin is from another Region
- Client has an account in RCBC Plaza branch Makati (located in NCR) and transacts in RCBC Mandaue branch in Cebu (Region VII, Central Visayas Region)
- Client has an account in RCBC Naga branch (Bicol region) and transacts in RCBC Zamboanga BC (Region IX, Zamboanga Peninsula)
- What is the basis for determining what region a branch belongs to?
It is based on the 17 geographical regions of the Philippines.
- For inward remittances, who will be paying for the fee?
Please refer to the table below.
|Inward Remittance Transactions||Who will pay the fee?|
|RTS* Real Time System||Recipient/Beneficiary|
|PCHC Dollar Netting||Recipient/Beneficiary|
|SWIFT** Transactions||This will depend on the Payment Instruction. Please confirm the fees when you transact in your preferred RCBC Branch.|
*RTS - Real Time Gross Settlement
**SWIFT - Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication