Know more about the common tactics of scammers and how to avoid them.
Here are ways to avoid getting scammed through phone call, text, email, etc.
You can unmask a scammer the moment they ask for your:
- One-Time-Password (OTP) or “6-digit code”
If you encounter this, immediately disengage with the call and report to RCBC Customer Care.
How to spot a suspicious text message.
- The text message has a LINK.
- The link leads to a portal asking for your username, password or OTP.
- The text message has grammatical or typographical errors.
- The message is from an unknown sender.
If you receive this kind of message, report to RCBC Customer Care right away.
Warning signs that email is NOT from RCBC:
- The email has a LINK.
- The email address of the sender is not @rcbc.com and @marketing.rcbc.com.
- There are grammatical or typographical errors.
If you receive a suspicious email, report to RCBC Customer Care immediately.
Before you input your card details on a website:
- Double check if the website is legitimate.
- Upon receiving your One-Time Password (OTP), read the message carefully to check if the details are correct.
If you suspect your card is compromised, immediately call RCBC Customer Care.
Here's how to secure your RCBC Digital App:
- Activate the biometrics feature in your RCBC Digital App.
- Log-in to your online banking account through RCBC.com or through the app only.
- Do not share your One-Time Password (OTP) via call, sms, viber or email.
If you suspect your account is compromised, report to RCBC Customer Care immediately.
What to do when you suspect a fraud
Do not engage
Received a suspicious text, email or call?
Do not entertain the caller or do not click anything in the text message or email. Block the sender or the caller.
To make sure your account is not compromised, update all your passwords especially your online banking credentials.
TIP: Use an alpha-numeric combination with at least 10-12 characters for your password and update it regularly.
Once you're done securing your account, report the incident to RCBC Customer Care at 8877- 7222.